Saturday, July 18, 2009

Butler Photo Walk


Recently, I participated with a number of other local photographers in the Worldwide Photo Walk.  I interpreted the objective of the event as walking the streets of the community looking for photo ops of every day life around us and absorbing it into the camera and making art out of it.   For me, it was much more than that though... it was a great opportunity to meet some new people.   It was great to see what other photographers were seeing.   But it was also cool to meet our 'subjects'.   I love architecture, so I snapped a few pics of some buildings, but I focused my attention and my camera mostly on the people that I encountered along the two mile path we walked.   


We all love to reminisce of days gone by.  Walking into this barber shop was like walking back into the 50's.  This barber was great.  It's hard to tell how many people's heads were shaved clean in the days that this guy took ahold of the scissors, but he loved his work.  He talked of the blue collar guys from the mill that frequented his shop... guys from more than 25 years ago, so he'd been here a while.  Nice to talk with this man...   I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this image was the winning photograph for the Butler Photo Walk. 




I love Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.  I like to play around with the preset buttons and get some special effects that fit the mood of the situation I am photographing.  These new friends of mine were from Kittanning, Pennsylvania who stopped by the local motorcycle shop in town for a few parts to add to their Harley Davidsons.  




No comments:

Post a Comment